Sunday, November 7, 2010

a man, me, and some viscera







Hey y'all. Happy week ten to all my fellow quarter sufferers.
Top piece is a quick 45 minute acrylic scribble of a bloodstained afghanistani soldier photogged by the amazing Steve McCurry, who I'm obsessed with.
Then... Me with Pirate, my fav horse. Then... dead me with my demon horse. yayyy.
And finally...
PICK UP A REPORTER MAGAZINE THIS FRIDAY. Because.
The AMAZING Joi Ong and I collaborated for the cover/feature, about the body falling apart due to stress.
She took beautiful photos of Gabi Ripka, and then I drew horrible things over the pictures.
After it's published, I'll post full photos, but here's some super pixellated teasers for now.



EDIT- added another quick 40 minute acrylic painting. a girl! from herat, afghanistan, original photo taken by steve mccurry in 1992.
I'm getting more and more painterly/stroke-y... i think i like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment