Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm not rich, but lord, I'm free.

So no art to report. But I'll show you where I've been and what I've been doing.

I'm in Colorado.
Where the clouds kiss the mountaintops, the smell after it rains is just... beyond words (think juniper and ponderosa with something magical and unidentifiable thrown in).... I've seen tons of rainbows, some dramatic storms and lightning... I've seen and heard falcons fighting over nests, their screams echoing out over towering red rocks. I've seen pastel mountains and black silk sunsets. Fuzzy antlers and desolate mud flats. I have had times where I couldn't tell a cloudbank from a distant mountain range. I've had Jehovah's Witnesses chase our car down to see if we're okay, slept in a hotel with a drive in movie theatre next door that we can watch from our room... Ate in a place that offered rattlesnake... I had buffalo empanadas and coffee/ancho chile rubbed duck. With bear's blood. which was tequila with pomegranate and lemon/lime juices. I danced around a teepee. I got a migraine that just about killed me. The next day guys, not because of tequila. Took a train up to the summit of Pike's Peak. I went to the US Air Force Academy and remembered my first dream in life- to be a pilot. That and drool on smart attractive men in uniform. Ahem.

Got to hang out in Denver with my mum's old college roommate. She's young at heart and we had a great time, the three of us. I've had a lot of other friends in and out of Denver, but sadly none of them are there now or I would've seen them, too.

We pretty much take the lesser highways and stuff. You never know what you'll find. That's the whole point of road trips- getting the hell away from it all. We blast the radio and just go. It's adventurous, it's exhausting, it's exhilarating... And I couldn't be happier. Too much wanderlust, I guess.

But enough rambling. I have a lot of awesome pictures. But the internet here is sketch and I can't seem to upload them, although I've been trying for like... an hour.
I'll put some on when I can. If you're my bud on facebook, I put a bunch of others on there.

Things have been rough in the past. But dammit, this trip's giving me a new lease on life. I really want to keep on livin'. There's too much out there to just give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment