Monday, January 2, 2012

Xmas prezzies and such

I am alive. And I still paint. So many of the things I've been working on I can't post yet, or maybe ever at all, as they belong to Nickelodeon. But I'll tell you I'm pretty excited about how much better I'm getting at things and stuff :)

Here's some stuff I did over the holidaze.

First off, this is one of the prezzies I gave to my boyfriend. He'd mentioned at some point over the summer that his favorite kid's book was Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel. So, I painted the steam shovel from that book and made him Mike Mulligan. Sorry these pics are all blurry, they're cell phone shots.

Detail! I did it in pencil, acrylic, and oil pastel. It's about 20x15 or so. Pretty sure he liked it :)
This is a commission i did for the lovely Lucy Lott via Brett Seamans. It's... their cat on a horse. Yep. It's on an iphone case now. Which is pretty spiffy. Acrylic.

The Christmas card I made for my boyfriend's family. He said, "uh, just paint them a horse in snow or something". But this summer, when we went to some reunion shindig with the rest of his clan, someone brought their pet pot bellied pig. It was hilarious. So I included that in there.
i was painting buster keaton for my dad. I got a little further than that, called it quits, left it unfinished. Which actually ended up working out in the end.

Had a dream over break involving Paris and lots of lights. It isn't done. If I ever get time to finish this painting, I will. There will be a boat with a girl and lanterns and fireflies and blahdiblahdiblah.

Hope everyone had a lovely holiday/new years etc :)

No comments:

Post a Comment